Director, Alumni Relations
Kathy leads the alumni relations team, creating engagement programs and volunteer opportunities that facilitate connections between MIT Sloan’s alumni, students, and the school.
Federal Grant Project Director
Kathy trained 250 community members to help a young person experiencing a mental health or addiction crisis. In addition, Kathy was the Community Liaison in the Social and Emotional Learning Department and expanded the training of school staff in Responsive Classroom practices.
- Certified Instructor in Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Certified in Responsive Classroom
Kathy led the collaborative that addresses the social and emotional well-being of children, youth, and families. Kathy directed programs including Safe Schools Healthy Students, Carol M. White Physical Education Program and Mentoring Opportunities for Youth.
- Kathy supervised a staff of 9 and managed a million dollar annual budget
- Kathy developed plans and led community wide efforts to establish The Newton Community Foundation, a nonprofit organization to sustain collaborations created under grants and to promote local charitable giving
- Certified QPR, Suicide Prevention Instructor
Kathy provided support and expertise in special events and sponsor/donor development for Family Reach Foundation, a financial lifeline to families fighting cancer.
Director, Development & Special Events
Kathy worked to increase fundraising and led a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting children with physical and intellectual disabilities and genetic disorders.